Willow is a platform for products that help improve the lives and health of women. We are a mission-driven team of experienced inventors, mothers, and fathers dedicated to making a difference in women’s lives. The Willow™ Wearable Breast Pump is the first solution in our platform. Willow is a complete re-imagining of the breast pump – it is the world’s first all-in-one breast pump that fits in a bra. We are just getting started. We are a mission-driven team of experienced inventors, mothers, and fathers dedicated to making a difference in mom’s life.
The Senior Director / Head of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) is accountable for providing sound financial analysis to support development of the company’s overall business strategy, developing insightful information from the company’s internal accounting, financial and other reports, delivering executive level presentations, and synthesizing and articulating key findings for executive and operations management audiences.
This role will advise and support the company’s leadership team including preparing board and financial presentations, industry/peer group comparisons, new business initiatives and opportunities assessment, and is a key resource for the company’s corporate development initiatives. The candidate will demonstrate the ability to understand and apply various principles and possess a deep knowledge of the Corporate, Commercial and R&D businesses and processes to solve a wide range of challenges, raise business issues, and identify and implement improvement opportunities. A strong candidate will have a demonstrated ability to communicate to peers, clients and top management in a clear and concise manner.
Responsibilities/ What You’ll Do:
- Ownership of the FP&A function, including financial planning and tracking of operating expenses, headcount reporting, monthly close support, quarterly forecasting, annual budgeting/long-range planning and variance analyses.
- Work with the CFO and CEO on all fund-raising activities including supporting due diligence requests, preparing analysis and communicating with potential investors.
- Advisor to the senior team on the financial performance of the business and produce board and management reporting packages.
- Lead the organization in the annual operating plan process and conduct financial forecasts and budget analyses.
- Lead the monthly business review to analyze results and key information and conduct sensitivity and risk analysis and development of recommendations on company initiatives.
- Develop and maintain a corporate dashboard to track performance toward key corporate, program and other objectives.
- Estimate quarterly expense accruals, including clinical studies. Build and maintain robust Excel workbooks for all projects that enable: Estimation of work performed at each period-end; Comparison of expense trends against Forecast; Tracking of invoices received and/or paid by purchase order; Tracking of expenses recorded on the General Ledger
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and help troubleshoot finance-related issues.
- Develop and maintain the data warehouse and the feeds to NetSuite for our order and receipt data from our e-commerce system, channel partners, and our fulfillment partners.
- On an as needed basis, participate on high-priority valuation or corporate development projects, including analyses supporting clinical program investment decisions. Projects may also include analyses for M&A, new product development and licensing decisions
Requirements/ What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Accounting or Finance. MBA preferred.
- 10+ of progressive experience and demonstrated growth including a minimum of 5 years in Finance/FP&A required; Life Science/Biotech or Consumer Brand experience preferred.
- At least 5 years in a supervisory/managerial roles.
- Prior experience working with outside auditors, advisors, investors, and bankers to support fund raising activities.
- Prior experience with ERP system, Financial Planning tools and other financial systems implementations preferred.
- Positive work ethic, superb communication, and organizational skills with a high attention to detail, and unquestionable integrity and personal ethics.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment while thinking strategically.
To apply for this job please visit willowinnovations.bamboohr.com.