This role will lead R&D project management throughout the innovation and product development cycle, from beginning to end. Projects will include new products, product extensions, reformulations, new packages, international expansion, and clinical trials. The position requires a high level of organization, personnel management, and communication with internal and external stakeholders. This position will effectively oversee R&D product roadmap planning and manage key transition points with core teams throughout the development and commercialization process. This role is well suited to a candidate with a high-affinity for transitioning technology-based innovations to commercial scale, flagship launches.
What You’ll Do:
- Initiate and manage projects and assure clear scope and success criteria
- Plan projects by establishing appropriate scenarios, timelines and budgets
- Lead/own a stage-gated process that encompasses key steps and decisions needed from innovation, development to launch
- Execute the project plan by facilitating meetings, evaluating resources (FTEs, costs), and managing deliverables
- Monitor and control through reports and updates, managing risk, and effectively using appropriate software and systems
- Effective stakeholder management including identifying stakeholders and providing clear and consistent communication, both oral and written on key project elements
- Manage cross-functional project timeline and follow-up with project team members to ensure timely completion of tasks
- Provide cross-functional forecasting, tracking, reporting and oversight on projects
- Responsible for identifying critical project issues and risks, and timely communication to senior leadership
- Lead international territory project planning and execution for R&D
- Close projects by conducting lessons learned sessions and completing closeout documentation
Who You Are:
- A project manager. You’re consistent, structured and organized when it comes to taking on complex tasks and situations.
- A strong communicator. Significant interpersonal skills. You can manage relationships and tough executive-level conversations with tact and precision.
- Analytical. You’re informed by data. You understand how to utilize qualitative information to support impactful decisions.
- Detail-oriented. You understand that the little things add up. Attention to detail is in your nature, you enjoy being precise and accurate but this doesn’t stop you from working quickly.
- Problem solver. Things are not always going to go as planned. You have the calm demeanor to operate and make decisions under pressure and in tight timelines.
What You Need:
- Education: BS/BA preferred, equivalent experience also accepted.
- Experience: 5+ years of project management experience in consumer health goods (vitamins and dietary supplements, nutrition, and personal care). International experience in supplement and food categories a plus.
- Excellent writing skills with attention to grammar and tone. Experience communicating with executives from all industries. Strong project management experience, the ability to manage multiple responsibilities at one time.
Since launching in October 2016, Ritual has grown to be a cultural revolution in the health industry. We’re not about pseudoscience, half-truths or health fads. We are simple, effective, and backed by real science. We have some pretty great benefits & perks related to our office environment, however, they have been limited due to the global health situation. See below for our adjusted available benefits + perks until we can get back into the office together!
● Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
● Healthcare & Dependent Care FSA
● Equity participation
● 401k Match – Up to 4%
● Pet Insurance
● Free Ritual Forever
● Unlimited PTO – 10 days minimum to keep you fresh
● 18 paid holidays
● Bi-Annual Performance Reviews
● “Ritual First Fridays” – Entire company takes off the first Friday of each month while we are working remotely
● 12 weeks paid maternity/paternity leave and we cover health insurance during any additional time taken under-protected baby bonding time off
● Periodic group workouts with trainers on Zoom
● Work from Home stipend
● Childcare stipend (monthly expense)
● Flex time for returning to work birth-parents
Ritual is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.