We’re looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer with 7+ years of professional software development experience to join our team. As a member of our team, you’ll lead the rebuild of our site on React, write serverless functions, and integrate with our GraphQL service. Some interest in UX/UI, digital product optimization, DTC, digital marketing, and eCommerce are important for finding success in this role. You would like to grow into a people manager; we envision you getting there in the next 2-3 years. In the meantime, you’ll have a chance to grow by mentoring and leading more junior colleagues.
- Collaborate with project manager, designers, and engineers to define project requirements, inform design, and build next generation website in React
- Be opinionated and help guide decisions around technology, team processes and creative practices
- Write clean, reusable, componentized, and scalable software that empowers fellow engineers to do more
- Ensure code quality, testing coverage, documentation of site so that it is maintainable, cross-browser compatible, accessible, and highly performant.
- Provide professional and technical guidance to team members
- Grow into leadership via mentoring and leading
- 7+ years of professional software experience is necessary to be considered for this role.
- No college degree is required
- Experience writing complex single page apps, and serverless functions
- Experience in mentoring junior members of your team (interns, new hires, etc.)
- You enjoy leading projects and have a track record of success.
- You are passionate and care about code quality and understand the importance of proper documentation.
- UX/UI chops – you know what good design and interaction looks and feels like and can call out inconsistencies, problems with responsive layouts when looking at a mobile and desktop design, etc.
- Python, PHP, Ruby on Rails, and Node – you are comfortable with at least one and willing to dive into others if need be.
- Knowledge of accessibility best practices and ability to write highly accessible UI.
- Next.js, Apollo, Vercel, and Auth0 (or other Identity Management Platform) experience is a plus.
- Experience with eCommerce in general is very helpful -ie: Product Feed transformations, Google Analytics/Heap, A/B Testing platforms such as Optimizely/Dynamic Yield/Google Optimize/VWO (we use DY), Facebook Pixel and other ad-tech implementations, Customer Data Platforms (we use Simon Data), Sendgrid or other ESP, implementing Analytics software, and Technical SEO best practices.
- Shopify knowledge is a big plus, especially advanced Shopify implementations and parts of the platform such as:
- Storefront API
- Script Editor
- Shopify Flow
- Using tags to power personalized Front-end experiences
- Using React with Liquid
The Thinx Inc. family of brands—Thinx, Thinx (BTWN), and Speax—are on a mission to empower every body through innovative solutions and social change. From first periods to postmenopause, Thinx Inc. provides environmentally sustainable solutions to menstruation and bladder leaks, and confronts the taboos that surround them.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.