Everlywell makes lab testing easy and convenient with at-home collection and digital results in days.
Everlywell is a consumer-initiated at-home laboratory testing company with easy-to-read and actionable results. We are at the forefront of personalized health, transforming the $25B lab testing industry. Everlywell is growing rapidly and we are looking for exceptional talent to join our team. We move at a fast pace to solve problems quickly so that our customers have a rewarding experience. If this sounds like your type of environment, we are eager to speak to you!
The Product and Technology team advocates for our partners and consumers to design and implement outstanding customer journeys. We’re at the forefront of consumer genetics, and our work impacts millions of people every year. You’d join a highly productive, distributed team of about 60 engineers, product managers, and designers (and growing quickly). Most of the product and design team members are based in our HQ in NYC, while the engineering team works remotely.
As a member of our Production Engineering team, you will maintain our cloud infrastructure and develop services and tooling that act as a catalyst for our engineering teams while improving the engineering experience. We are looking for a collaborative engineer with extensive experience in AWS architecture, Kubernetes, deployment automation, CI/CD and DBA (MySQL) experience. Our stack is mostly in Ruby on Rails, although we have a growing number of lambda functions that play a critical role.
This position is also a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build, and rollout outstanding products. Our portfolio of products:
Have a leading role in shaping the market of consumer-friendly testing, affecting millions of people every year.
Improve consumer access to safe and appropriate lab testing to help empower individuals to proactively manage their health.
Create opportunities for our partners to develop new types of engagement with their customers.
What You’ll Do:
- The Senior DevOps Engineer should be able to successfully manage multiple responsibilities and act as a leader, both internally and externally. It is paramount that this person possess excellent communication skills. She/he will be responsible for these main areas:
- Design resilient, secure, high availability cloud infrastructure in support of long term engineering goals
- Plan and execute complex collaborative projects and see them through to completion
- Play an instrumental role in migrating applications to EKS
- Improve software delivery and operational performance measurement capabilities
- Manage and improve CI/CD pipelines
- Develop and maintain deployment automation using tools such as Ansible
- Mentor software engineers on DevOps principles
- Make service your mission as you optimize our infrastructure to enable deployment with a reduction in change failure rates
- Be committed to improving the engineering experience
- Work on autoscaling AWS architecture
- Effectively communicate both internally and externally to a variety of stakeholders
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of professional hands-on experience building and scaling AWS architecture
- Experience with a wide array of AWS services (EC2, RDS, EKS, ECS, Route53, and more…)
- Ability to design and scale AWS services with interoperability and resilience in mind
- Experience supporting and performance tuning of MySQL
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Scripting language experience such as Bash, Csh, etc.
- Programming experience in Ruby is preferred
- Experience with automation tools such as Ansible is desirable
- Excitement for the prospect of collaborating with a diverse team to tackle meaningful problems each and every day
- Sympathy for the complexity of being a developer and desire to help make deploying code as frictionless and secure as possible
- MS Active Directory experience is desirable
You’ll Love Working Here:
· Venture backed by top-tier firms
· The opportunity ahead knows no bounds
· Open vacation policy
· Employee discounts
· Paid parental leave
· Health benefits
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.