Founded in 2017, Ro is a patient-driven telehealth company that puts you in control of your health. We’re patients, just like you, building technology to make healthcare accessible, affordable, and maybe even enjoyable. Ro powers three digital health clinics — Roman for men’s health, Rory for women’s health, and Zero for fighting smoking addiction — as well as Ro Pharmacy, a simple and affordable online pharmacy where every medication is $5 per month. The company’s nationwide networking of physicians and pharmacies provides a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from online treatment to the delivery of medication and ongoing care. Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020, and earned its Great Place to Work Certification in 2020.
We are Ro, a mission-driven healthcare technology company reinventing the way the healthcare system works. As a Security Engineer at Ro, you will help lead the effort of designing and deploying platform security and privacy mechanisms. You will achieve this by first, working closely with the Product, Legal, Engineering, and Care teams. You will also configure and operate security tooling that enables Ro’s security, privacy, and compliance strategy.
Additionally, the opportunity at Ro as a Security Engineer is full spectrum. Your professional development is “choose your own adventure” and genuinely supported.
At Ro, you will help people become a healthier version of themselves, turn physicians into better healthcare professionals, and power our increasingly complex operations and fulfillment logistics.
What you’ll do:
- Design, build, and automate security mechanisms and hardening across the platform that enables a secure by default approach (AWS, Python, EKS, PAN).
- Operate cross-functionally with business units and stakeholders to deeply understand the job to be done to securely enable fast software development and business growth.
- Platform security architecture reviews and threat modeling
What you’ll bring:
- Growth mindset and an innate passion for learning
- Exceptional communication practices (written, verbal, presentation)
- Structured analytical techniques for security and privacy systems design and evaluation
- Minimum of 1 – 3 years of experience
- Security certifications in good standing: EC-Council, ISC2 (CISSP), SANS GIAC, OSCP, etc.
- Startup experience
- Prior experience with AWS and cloud-native technologies
- Experience in regulated industries such as Healthcare, FinTech, or Defense (e.g. HITRUST, SOC, HIPAA)