Ritual is looking for a Research Scientist to join our R&D team. The position will support our claims development, ingredient research, dietary assessments and product innovation programs. In this role you’ll apply your training and experience in scientific research for developing claims as well as new products. This is a great opportunity for someone with a track record in research to join a rapidly expansing organization and take on responsibilities that are key to our continued growth.
What You’ll Do:
- Conduct literature-based research and examine all evidence available to substantiate ingredient/product claims for dietary supplements and personal care products.
- Evaluate scientific research on ingredients used in dietary supplements and personal care products.
- Interpret science from human, animal and cell studies and evaluate the quality of research design and endpoints to substantiate ingredient/product claims.
- Manage internal substantiation documents and technical reports.
- Assess different dietary patterns and lifestyles, develop recipes and provide evidence-based nutrition recommendation.
- Translate scientific research into technical insights that enable effective consumer messages in alignment with FTC/FDA regulatory guidelines.
- Proactively stay on top of key nutrition and regulatory trends that can unlock growth opportunities for our business in product, ingredient or communications initiatives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners such as Marketing, Product Development, Regulatory Affairs, Quality, and Customer Experience.
Who You Are:
- Research-focused. You are able to read, analyze and translate research studies and navigate appropriate databases (Pubmed, Google Scholar, Natural Medicines
- Comprehensive Database).
- Detail-oriented. You love to be in the weeds when it comes to science. You are not only willing to drive claims development and substantiation, but you’re excited by this.
- Analytical. Your decisions are always supported by thoughtful data and support.
- Adaptable. As a company in high-growth mode, our processes, product offerings and partners are constantly evolving. We need someone who can not only adapt to change but drive it and help the company adapt.
- Empowered. Brings solutions. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.
What You Need:
- Education: MS or higher in Nutritional Science, Public Health or relevant science degree. Equivalent experience also accepted.
- Certification: RD is preferred.
- Experience: 2+ years in an academic or industry research environment is preferred.
- Strong background in general metabolism, nutritional biochemistry, or physiology.
Since launching in October 2016, Ritual has grown to be a cultural revolution in the health industry. We’re not about pseudoscience, half-truths or health fads. We are simple, effective, and backed by real science. We have some pretty great benefits & perks related to our office environment, however, they have been limited due to the global health situation. See below for our adjusted available benefits + perks until we can get back into the office together!
● Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
● Healthcare & Dependent Care FSA
● Equity participation
● 401k Match – Up to 4%
● Pet Insurance
● Free Ritual Forever
● Unlimited PTO – 10 days minimum to keep you fresh
● 18 paid holidays
● Bi-Annual Performance Reviews
● “Ritual First Fridays” – Entire company takes off the first Friday of each month while we are working remotely
● 12 weeks paid maternity/paternity leave and we cover health insurance during any additional time taken under-protected baby bonding time off
● Periodic group workouts with trainers on Zoom
● Work from Home stipend
● Childcare stipend (monthly expense)
● Flex time for returning to work birth-parents
Ritual is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.