The QA Engineer will be responsible for performing a variety of QA engineering tasks including the design and development of test plans, test scenarios, facilitating test automation and executing automated test scripts. This role will be working with our current QA Engineer to revise and re-define Progyny’s QA practices, processes, and standards.
This role requires collaboration with a cross-functional team of Engineers, Product Managers, and other stakeholders to understand the business/product requirements and facilitate the design and development of test automation and QA processes. The ideal candidate will be a technically savvy critical thinker, with diligence and passion for creating great tests, optimizing test coverage, and delivering high-quality release for production deployments.
What you’ll do…
- Collaborate with Product and business owners to understand requirements and new features to produce a comprehensive test strategy and test cases.
- Perform all aspects of verification, including functional, regression and system testing.
- Develop and execute test cases to improve test coverage, scalability, and performance for current and new engineering projects.
- Provide support (in the form of monitoring, testing, troubleshooting to Engineering, DevOps, and core internal teams).
- Collaborate with software engineers to automate and develop test scenarios.
- Participate in code reviews, and help diagnose, reproduce, and test fixes.
- Document software issues and enhancement requests and assist development with concise and detailed steps for duplication of the defects found while performing manual functional, integration, and regression tests.
- Drive quality improvements through automation, metrics, data, and process.
- Become proficient in understanding “the bigger picture” and how different engineering components are linked together.
- Work as a member of an Agile SCRUM team delivering high-quality software in two-week sprints.
- Contribute to the success of the Scrum team through active and collaborative participation in sprint planning, daily scrums, and sprint retrospectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in enterprise application testing (test case development and execution).
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and process.
- Hands-on experience with functional and non-functional testing.
- Experience working with AWS and in testing systems which communicate via APIs/ETLs.
- Programming skills in Python (sufficient to write automation scripts, and to validate test results in a database, or through some other non-GUI based method).
- Hands-on experience with modern and automated testing methodologies and tools (Selenium, Postman, headless Chrome etc.).
- Track record of completing assignments on time with a high degree of quality and documentation (e.g. test plan, test cases, etc.).
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and productively under pressure.
- Ability to set priorities and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, technical, and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and decision-making ability.
- Experience with Docker & version control – Git and GitHub is a plus.
- Experience with AWS Lambda or similar serverless computing is a plus.
- Experience working in an agile Scrum environment is a plus.
Progyny is a leading fertility benefits management company in the US. We are redefining fertility and family building benefits, proving that a comprehensive and inclusive fertility solution can simultaneously benefit employers, patients, and physicians. Our benefits solution empowers patients with education and guidance from a dedicated Patient Care Advocate (PCA), provides access to a premier network of fertility specialists using the latest science and technologies, reduces healthcare costs for the nation’s leading employers, and drives optimal clinical outcomes. We envision a world where anyone who wants to have a child can do so.
Our mission is to make any member’s dream of parenthood come true through a healthy, timely, and supported fertility and family building journey.
Come join a company that’s been recognized by Modern Healthcare as one of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare.
- Family friendly benefits:
- Paid maternity and paternity
- Fertility benefits (including egg freezing and IVF)
- Emergency childcare program
- Parent’s group
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance options for employees and family
- Paid vacation and summer flex time
- Company equity
- Bonus program
- 401K Match
- Monday breakfasts/ Friday lunches/ healthy snacks
- Company social events
- Sit/ stand desks
Progyny is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.