Ritual is looking for a Product Development Manager on our R&D team to support our expansion in the Nutrition category. In this role, you’ll apply your expertise to manage nutrition innovations, ideation and the development of science-based product formulas. This is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for product development to join a small (but rapidly expanding) organization and take on responsibilities that are key to our continued growth.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage projects with internal development teams, third party contract manufacturers/formulation labs, and flavor houses.
- Drive formulation, product development and scale up to develop new products for our nutrition businessLead and coordinate prototype work, sensory evaluations, pilot production and commercial production steps.
- Work closely with project management teams to drive projects to launch dates.
- Procure and evaluate competitive benchmarksIdentify opportunities for new product concepts and presenting to teams for consideration.
- Manage product efficacy testing, utilizing expertise and experience for testing product efficacy and validating new claims.
- Interpret science to ensure products and claims are compliant within US regulations.
- Proactively stay on top of key product and regulatory trends that can unlock growth opportunities for our business in the product, ingredient or communications space.
- Work closely with Marketing and Regulatory Affairs leadership to support marketing initiatives and brand assets (i.e. label copy, web content, marketing collateral etc.)
- Travel up to 15% of your time to contract sites, development partners and educational seminars (at the discretion of safety related to COVID-19).
Who You Are:
- Organized. Ability to manage emails and calls with contract manufacturers, to stay on top of project expectations and delivery timelines.
- Passion for science. Excited to innovate and apply and evidence-basis to the category.
- Research-focused. Ability to translate the latest research studies into products and communications, as well as leading testing programs and human clinical trials.
- Detail-oriented. Likes to get in the weeds when it comes to science and products.
- Analytical. Your decisions are always supported by thoughtful data and support. You are able to develop testing programs for the product category.
- Adaptable. As a company in high-growth mode, our processes, product offerings, and partners are constantly evolving. We need someone who can not only adapt to change but drive it and help the company adapt.
- Empowered. Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.
What You Need:
- Education: BS in Food Science, Chemistry, Biology, Engineering, or other related science.
- Experience: 2-4 years product development, formulation chemistry, commercialization, other related science. Experience in development focused companies preferred.
- History of developing various gummy applications including:
- Gummy vitamins
- Sugar-free gummies
- Vegan gummies
- Protein / Fiber gummies
- Proficiency in developing and evaluating flavors and product sensory evaluation
- Knowledge of ingredient efficacy, gummies, capsules, powders, cGMP, regulatory affairs, stage-gate processes, consumer insights, and project management.
Since launching in October 2016, Ritual has grown to be a cultural revolution in the health industry. We’re not about pseudoscience, half-truths or health fads. We are simple, effective, and backed by real science. We have some pretty great benefits & perks related to our office environment, however, they have been limited due to the global health situation. See below for our adjusted available benefits + perks until we can get back into the office together!
● Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
● Healthcare & Dependent Care FSA
● Equity participation
● 401k Match – Up to 4%
● Pet Insurance
● Free Ritual Forever
● Unlimited PTO – 10 days minimum to keep you fresh
● 18 paid holidays
● Bi-Annual Performance Reviews
● “Ritual First Fridays” – Entire company takes off the first Friday of each month while we are working remotely
● 12 weeks paid maternity/paternity leave and we cover health insurance during any additional time taken under-protected baby bonding time off
● Periodic group workouts with trainers on Zoom
● Work from Home stipend
● Childcare stipend (monthly expense)
● Flex time for returning to work birth-parents
Ritual is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.