Help a Family Make a Family
The Medical Coding Manager is responsible for supervising day-to-day activities of the Medical Billing Coders and Medical Records team. The manager will coordinate all facets of revenue cycle functions including coding, medical records, compliance, auditing and analysis. This Manager will be hands on in completing these tasks/ functions.
This role ensures duties are completed accurately and timely while acting as a team player for optimum office flow. This position is expected to demonstrate professional behavior, display appropriate conduct and show consideration, respect and patience towards all patients, families, staff and professional affiliates. The Medical Coding Manager follows all federal, state and payer specific regulations and policies pertaining to documentation and billing practices to ensure all work is following established guidelines.
- Recruits, hires, trains, evaluates performance and disciplines employees in assigned area of responsibility.
- Performs supervisory functions related to time/payroll approval, ensuring compliance with regulations such as FLSA, TN Department of Labor, etc.
- Create, assign, revise work flow assignments for coders
- Monitor coder quality and productivity
- Identify additional contract coding needs to maintain completion of coding
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes related to coding and documentation and communicate these changes and collaborate as requested in education communications
- Coordinates the work flow and ensures deadlines are met with available resources
- Establish individual and department goals; monitors quality and productivity for assigned staff
- Conduct monthly coaching sessions/training and provides constructive feedback to individual representatives
- Implements, enforces, and maintains established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, including the development of controls and review mechanisms to ensure that systems and procedures are effective and being diligently followed
- Maintains required records, reports and files for area and compiling data, information, and/or statistical reports as needed
- Research charts and resolve bill errors and edits
- Check for receipt of missing documentation and ensure timely completion of charts for documentation received
- Weekly reporting for unbilled reports
- Supports and actively participates in initiatives designed to improve individual and organizational performance Assist with coding research, development of Policy and Procedures and education as requested
- Resolves external customer concerns and complaints in keeping with the Company’s commitment to providing superior patient care and services, facilitating intervention and resolution through other departments when necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned, and in keeping with Prelude Fertility policies, procedures, compliance, standards of patient care and/or initiatives toward continuous improvement at the individual and organizational level
- Certification in Professional Coding
- A minimum of 3 years in a Coding Management position
- Experience in working coding denials, troubleshooting the root cause, creating and implementing a plan of action to address the issue and writing appeal letters to government and non-government payers.
- Experience preserving coding integrity based on Coding Guidelines, Federal and State guidelines and appropriate coding references and resources.
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology and medical terminology
- Auditing skills for coding quality and compliance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.