Website Sera Prognostics
The Pregnancy Company
Located on the edge of the beautiful Wasatch Mountains, Sera Prognostics, Inc. is a women’s health diagnostics company dedicated to improving the health of babies and mothers. We are a growing company tasked with becoming a global leader in high value women’s health diagnostics, delivering pivotal information to physicians that will improve health and improve the economics of healthcare delivery. According to Sera’s CEO, employees here must possess three qualities to be successful: 1) the individual must be passionate and dedicated to changing the world; 2) they must be smart and work smart; and 3) they must have absolute integrity. If this is you, we urge you to keep reading!
We are seeking a highly successful Laboratory Automation Engineer for our CLIA/CAP/NYDOH accredited laboratory based in Salt Lake City. As the Automation Engineer, you will develop and maintain automated processes on standalone and integrated analytical and liquid handling systems.
Position responsibilities include:
- Applies laboratory automation experience to the process improvement and troubleshooting of laboratory procedures and workflows
- In collaboration with the rest of the engineering team, implements solutions to liquid handling robotics, tube labeling and capping, tube and microplate handling, specimen storage, and other lab automation technologies
- Implements new barcode labeling and scanning capabilities to achieve 100% complete chain of custody in sample tracking
- Identifies opportunities to expedite or improve project completion, develop new projects, or new uses of current technology
- Contributes to the criteria and selection of equipment and processes to facilitate the automation of all laboratory testing and needed modifications
- Maintains highly detailed, contemporaneous documentation of all activities performed on instrumentation
- Assists in assay and testing system validations
- Authors validation protocols and reports consistent with company and regulatory validation standards
- Reviews and/or authors SOP’s in support of the testing processes
- Effectively communicates with engineering staff of instrument vendors
- Complies with corporate and safety policies of Sera Prognostics, Inc.
- Suggests improvements in efficiencies for laboratory processes or procedures
- Train and mentor other members of the Laboratory Instrument and Systems Engineering team
Salt Lake City, Utah
The Laboratory Automation Engineer will report to the SVP Laboratory Operations. This position may have direct reports.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.