Maven is the leading women’s and family healthcare company. Named the #1 Most Innovative Company in Health by Fast Company in 2020, Maven advances women’s health, family planning, and diversity in the workforce by empowering parents to plan or start a family while growing their careers. Employers love Maven because it helps lower their healthcare costs while improving their ability to attract and retain women and working parents. Founded in 2014 by Katherine Ryder, Maven has raised $90MM, and is backed by Sequoia Capital, Icon Ventures, Oak HC/FT, Spring Mountain Capital, Female Founders Fund, Harmony Partners, and individual strategic investors Reese Witherspoon, Mindy Kaling, Natalie Portman, and Anne Wojcicki.
We are hiring a Head of Product Design to lead our highly talented, growing product design team. In this role, you will support the growth and development of the careers for all members of your team, as well as, care for the overall business by partnering closely with cross-functional leads on Product, Engineering, Clinical, and Business Development to map out plans to design intuitive, beautiful solutions for our patients, providers, and clients. We appreciate design leaders who are curious, humble, thrive on collaboration and feedback, and are excited to occasionally roll up your sleeves to lead by example. This role will report into our VP of Product.
As Head of Product Design, you will:
- Be a champion of design thinking, help encourage and inspire creativity, and a culture of feedback around the organization
- Partner with product and engineering (and other cross-functional partners) to drive design vision and strategy based on business objectives
- Lead and manage a team of Product Designers focused on the end-to-end Maven experience across our different segments of users
- Meet regularly with designers to provide and gather feedback on project progress, unlock blockers, celebrate wins
- Provide coaching and mentorship to ensure career development support, work satisfaction and happiness to your team
- Ensure that work is properly staffed based on scope, skills, and timing; be willing to take on design projects if needed to keep your teams’ roadmaps on track
- Define team growth needs; partner with recruiting to hire new designers, actively improve design hiring and onboarding processes
We’re looking for you to bring:
- 3+ years of experience in a role managing a team of product designers; 5-10 years of Product Design experience designing digital consumer products
- Experience leading and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Experience leading design sprints, roadmapping exercises, team brainstorming and ideation exercises
- Strong visual design skills (branding, typography, layout, composition)
- Solid toolkit of design software (Figma, Sketch, Adobe) and experience designing or leading design for multiple platforms (email, push, web, iOS, Android)
- Strong communication, problem-solving and brainstorming skills
- Experience working on a cross-functional leadership team where you deeply collaborated with engineering, product management, and data teams to plan and implement team roadmaps
- Motivated self-starter comfortable working in a tech startup or agency environment with fast growth and pace of change
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
Maven employees are united in their quest to improve the health and well-being of women and their families in our community. We seek to empower all of our team members to fulfill that mission and reach their full potential regardless of function, geography or experience level. That’s why we invest in our employees, who are our most important asset in achieving our mission. To that end, we offer:
- Choice of great medical, dental, and vision insurance plan options, including a plan for which the premium for Mavens is 100% covered by Maven
- Access to the Maven platform service and free Maven appointments for Mavens and generous credits for family & friends
- Free One Medical membership
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited paid time off
- Monthly stipend for your choice of wellness benefits
- Weekly stipend for a *free* lunch
- One-time stipend to enhance your work from home experience (We will be working remotely until sometime next year!)
- A variety of virtual team events such as musical performances, game nights & happy hours
- 12 weeks parental leave and 2 weeks flexible time upon return
- Annual professional development stipend
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.