Thinx Inc., an innovative company that is disrupting the menstrual hygiene and incontinence product categories. The Thinx Inc. family of brands—Thinx, Thinx (BTWN), and Speax—are on a mission to create a healthier world through sustainable solutions to menstruation and incontinence.
Our people live our values daily and they serve as our cultural cornerstones.
- Be Accountable
- Be Profitable
- Be Human
- Be Curious
- Be Ambassadors
Thinx is seeking an exceptional Global Trade Associate to join our growing Operations team.
The Work You’ll do:
The Global Trade Associate will be responsible for maintaining the day to day operations, implementing and executing import and export compliance procedures. You’ll work cross-functionally with the Operations, Logistics, Finance, Production, and Enterprise Systems Teams to support and drive continuous improvements across the organization.
This role is a key position for the Operations team, reporting to the Director of Global Trade Management.
We’re excited about you because…
- You excel at managing the day to day activities of an import and export compliance program, including but not limited to broker management, classification, recordkeeping, monitoring shipments and resolving issues, performing audits, and implementing export controls
- You are excited to assist with the development, implementation and maintenance of standard operating procedures and work instructions to support your functional area of responsibility
- You have a superior attention to detail. You will perform post entry audits and other internal audits to support monitoring activities. You will be responsible for the accuracy and maintenance of the Parts/Classification database
- You combine a strategic mindset with a relentless focus on execution. You will be responsible for implementing and tracking corrective actions, including post summary corrections and process improvements as required
- You’re an effective communicator. You’ll provide guidance to internal stakeholders on various aspects of international trade including item classification, country of origin determination, export control, import control
- You believe in accountability. You’ll identify import compliance issues that may create a financial liability/risk for the company and elevate these issues to Global Trade Leadership as appropriate
Other responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for managing the trade compliance email box
- Support Global Trade Leadership with adhering to VAT requirements globally
- Support Global Trade Leadership and internal business partners with special projects, as needed
- 3+ years of experience in Import and Export compliance or related field
- Advanced knowledge of US Customs regulations and requirements, including: HS Classification, Valuation, International incoterms
- Thorough understanding of international transportation, including classification, customs entries, country of origin, import assists, royalties, and all other US Customs regulations and requirements.
- Experience with internal auditing of import/export activities
- Understanding of operational and logistical processes
- Experience developing / implementing SOPs and work instructions
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally to advance organizational goals
- Detail oriented process improver with strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficient in all MS Office applications (i.e. Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word) preferred
- Licensed Customs Broker (LCB) and/or Certified Customs Specialist (CCS) preferred
- Knowledge of international VAT laws and requirements preferred
- Competitive Salary and Stock Options
- 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks and monthly child care stipend
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Annual training and development stipend
- 1x Monthly Mental Escape Days
- 30% discount on Thinx Inc products and a quarterly $100 spend
- $90 quarterly wellness stipend to spend on personal health and fitness
- $100 monthly WFH stipend to support your remote office needs
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company.. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.