Founded in 2017, Ro is a patient-driven telehealth company that puts you in control of your health. We’re patients, just like you, building technology to make healthcare accessible, affordable, and maybe even enjoyable. Ro powers three digital health clinics — Roman for men’s health, Rory for women’s health, and Zero for fighting smoking addiction — as well as Ro Pharmacy, a simple and affordable online pharmacy where every medication is $5 per month. The company’s nationwide networking of physicians and pharmacies provides a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from online treatment to the delivery of medication and ongoing care. Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020, and earned its Great Place to Work Certification in 2020.
As an Engineering Fellow, you will spend a summer on a cross-functional team, contributing as product engineer to projects that affect the health and lives of real people. You will work alongside dedicated engineering and product mentors as well as other full time engineers of all levels to develop skills in full-stack engineering and product management. We’re looking for entrepreneurial, technically skilled, product-oriented engineers who are passionate about the intersection of healthcare and technology, and who are entering their final year of university after the fellowship summer. Ro’s Engineering Fellowship gives you a seat at the table – instead of focusing on crafting a side project, you’ll be contributing directly to production features with your team. It is a unique opportunity to dive into Ro’s fast-paced technology team, develop skills as a product-oriented engineer, meet incredible people throughout the organization, and truly contribute to Ro’s mission of becoming patients’ first call.
What You’ll Do:
- Contribute alongside full-time engineers on applications across Ro’s Django and React stack
- Regularly meet with dedicated product and engineering mentors, who will help steer your growth as a product engineering fellow throughout the summer
- Collaborate with people throughout the company to understand the needs and priorities of our users and the business
- Develop skills in full-stack product engineering, product management, cross-team collaboration, and leadership
What You’ll Bring:
- An entrepreneurial drive, independence, and self-motivation
- Previous experience as an engineer in a production environment, and ideally experience having built and deployed your own projects
- Interest in the intersection of healthcare and technology
- Obsession with empathizing with users and building products for broader business problems
- Ability to clearly communicate both technical and business concepts
- Entering your senior year in university after the fellowship summer