Willow is a platform for products that help improve the lives and health of women. We are a mission-driven team of experienced inventors, mothers, and fathers dedicated to making a difference in women’s lives. The Willow™ Wearable Breast Pump is the first solution in our platform. Willow is a complete re-imagining of the breast pump – it is the world’s first all-in-one breast pump that fits in a bra. We are just getting started. We are a mission-driven team of experienced inventors, mothers, and fathers dedicated to making a difference in mom’s life.
The Head of Willow Market Access & Reimbursement plays a critical role in designing and executing a strategy that enables more moms to utilize their insurance benefits towards a Willow breast pump. As a senior leader at Willow, you will develop a compelling vision for Market Access & Reimbursement in the context of Payors and DMEs. In doing so, you will ensure Willow achieves the full potential of our mission: Bringing joy to motherhood. In this role, you will have the opportunity to negotiate with self-insured employers, Payors and DMEs to support access to Willow products. As a recognized leader, you will have a track record of building strong relationships and influencing stakeholders to secure payment and reimbursement. You will be an expert at demonstrating value to healthcare providers and payers for novel products.
Reporting into the Sr. Director, Ecommerce & Insurance Strategy, you will be deeply connected to and motivated by our mission, and be a critical leader in the organization. Our ideal candidate brings a powerful combination of payor relationships and expertise, DME knowledge, customer focus and passion. You will leverage your expertise in expanding insurance coverage for Willow products, developing and executing strategies to enable optimal reimbursement and driving profitable revenue growth through insurance partnerships.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- Facilitate the establishment of coverage policies and appropriate payment levels of payment with commercial payers for the Willow products in the US
- Collaborate with internal departments to provide insight into payment landscape and healthcare market dynamics and communicate evidence requirements to drive strategic product development, evidence/clinical research and channel strategies
- Research and analyze the market in terms of coverage, reimbursement, competitive landscape, trends, pricing, and patient access, and build recommendations of resulting business strategy implications and opportunities for Willow
- Manage messaging and value propositions for insurers and develop marketing collateral that demonstrates the value of Willow’s products
- Develop insurance distribution channels, including strategic expansion of DMEs. Build and negotiate profitable business models to drive growth through insurance-related sales channels
- Explore alternative partnership opportunities to drive growth with payors, DMEs, and integrated delivery networks, including managing and optimizing Willow’s Insurance Verification tool on WillowPump.com
- Assess and communicate the U.S coding, coverage and payment landscape. Develop and execute specific strategies to enable optimal reimbursement
- Develop sustainable strategic relationships with professional societies, medical associations, advocacy groups, thought leaders and trade groups to provide leadership and focus on areas of mutual interest such as reimbursement, treatment guidelines, coverage and payment
Requirements/What You’ll Bring:
- Minimum 8-12 years leading reimbursement strategy and market development in a commercial, insurance or medical provider setting. Exposure to global markets a plus
- Bachelor’s degree. Advanced degree in health policy, law, public policy, public health, medicine, health economics or related field of study, preferred
- An in-depth understanding of the reimbursement environment to assist customers in navigating coverage and ensuring access to Willow products
- Excellent understanding of payer market, policy developments and implication for business, and proven ability to drive effective negotiations in this market
- Technical knowledge of medical device reimbursement and its role in commercialization, DME experience strongly preferred
- Experience in combined medical device/healthcare and consumer businesses strongly preferred
- Creative thinker who uncovers and creates opportunity within complex market dynamics
- Ability to assess a complex situation and prioritize opportunities to take meaningful action
- Experience communicating reimbursement and policy to internal stakeholders to enable business results
- Experience building strong cross-functional relationships and driving strategic impact through insurance and reimbursement knowledge
- Must be self-motivated and passionate, with exceptional communication skills to facilitate collaboration amongst multiple stakeholders
- Experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to develop and manage multiple projects
- An understanding of breast pumps is strongly preferred, and empathy towards pumping moms is a must
To apply for this job please visit willowinnovations.bamboohr.com.