We are seeking a Director of Clinical Operations to build and scale Cleo’s clinical organization. In this new role, you will be responsible for the clinical organization’s financial and operational performance and health outcomes to meet Cleo’s impact objectives. You will work cross-functionally with our Member Operations, Product Development, and Customer Success teams to stand up clinical programs and optimize member access to case management and clinical expertise. You will also oversee a team of Clinical Leads who will serve as the voice of the expert for key priority areas of impact across the family building journey.
This is a full-time role that reports to the Chief Medical Officer.
- Manage day-to-day operations for the Clinical team to hit programmatic, operational, and member satisfaction outcomes
- Build and scale a high performing, multidisciplinary, tiered Clinical team staffed with experts who can provide case review and clinical support for complex members
- Serve as point person for clinical staff relations, including resolving clinical questions and/or administrative issues
- Lead practice management efforts including identifying opportunities to improve tooling, workflows, and metrics to promote quality and productivity
- Support clinical quality review processes across various programs including developing and tracking quality measures in conjunction with Member Programs personnel
- Ensure compliance with safety protocols and lead relevant accreditation processes
To be successful in this role you may have:
- 5+ years experience in a clinical operations or practice management role
- Experience in high growth operations and/or digital health startup
- Proven people leader skills with experience managing clinicians, ranging from physicians to case managers
- Familiarity with building a virtual care or telehealth practice
- Prior experience with regulatory and compliance processes including HIPAA, NCQA, provider credentialing, and state-level prescribing restrictions
- Strong project management skills and a demonstrated ability to work successfully on cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical skills and comfort with data mining/auditing in EHR environments
- Prior experience with healthcare quality improvement principles
- A value for strong relationships and a collaborative approach to problem solving
- Eagerness to learn new skills in a fast-paced startup environment, to be a team player, and to support the team’s goals with a “no task is beneath you” mentality
- Passion for innovation within the family building and parenthood journey
- Excellent interpersonal skills
We don’t believe in perfection – we believe in passion, interest, and will – so don’t let a lack of experience or skill in one area listed above deter you from applying.
Cleo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.