Founded in 2017, Ro is a patient-driven telehealth company that puts you in control of your health. We’re patients, just like you, building technology to make healthcare accessible, affordable, and maybe even enjoyable. Ro powers three digital health clinics — Roman for men’s health, Rory for women’s health, and Zero for fighting smoking addiction — as well as Ro Pharmacy, a simple and affordable online pharmacy where every medication is $5 per month. The company’s nationwide networking of physicians and pharmacies provides a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from online treatment to the delivery of medication and ongoing care. Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020, and earned its Great Place to Work Certification in 2020.
Ro is looking for a Director of Content and Community to make a significant impact through compelling storytelling, measurable content experiences, and community interactions– establishing our brands as industry leaders, fueling our rapid growth and capturing the attention and trust of our patients. This role will report to the VP of marketing and will mentor, manage, and grow a talented team of full-time and contract copywriters, content strategists, community managers and freelancers.
Who are you? Great question. You are a strategic content leader who has deep experience in writing and editing impactful consumer-facing content. In fact, you probably have fun copy edits to this job description. You’ve managed community experiences on various channels and understand how to program content across those channels. You are passionate about quality copy and understand that it can often be the deciding factor in getting a consumer to take action (did you see that CTA?!). You expertly balance tone of voice with performance needs and push your team to differentiate the brand through words. When it comes to community management, you are passionate about bringing an exceptional brand experience to life by fueling conversation that matters and focusing on empathetic and consumer-first messaging. In this role, you’ll leverage your experience leading content and community programming for well-known brands to deliver content roadmaps that are meaningful and connect with target audiences across Ro’s portfolio.
What You’ll Do:
- Own the brand content strategy and brand voice for all of Ro’s consumer facing brands with an eye towards establishing trust with and engaging our members across every touchpoint.
- Direct high-impact advertising copy, engaging email campaigns, and new content formats across social media platforms.
- Define, develop and implement brand voice and key messaging documents that will ensure delivery of consistent and on-brand messaging across every consumer touchpoint.
- Oversee a team of copywriters, content developers, and freelancers that will work cross-departmentally to concept and execute a robust range of digital content (advertising and brand-supporting) and printed materials.
- Partner with Creative Directors to develop strong copy for OOH, audio and TV campaigns.
- Spearhead content strategy for owned social media channels–implementing best practices for each platform and delivering content that resonates with each consumer segment.
- Lead, mentor, and direct a team of community managers–defining a strategy that sets the roadmap for team development and growth.
- Understand key market trends, challenges, and opportunities that can be used to differentiate Ro’s portfolio of brands within the competitive market.
- Review, direct, and edit copy and content with a consumer-first mindset while ensuring consistent brand experiences.
- Partner across the organization to ensure that all copy adheres to legal and medical guidelines.
- Measure and track content quality, performance, and insights and use that data to drive and enhance future content strategy.
- Build strong relationships with partners and stakeholders in legal, medops, growth, product marketing, research and product to balance growth and brand marketing needs.
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- 10+ years of experience in content strategy and editorial production across channels for nationally recognized consumer brands (DTC or ecommerce is a plus), bonus for managing content for multiple brands simultaneously.
- 6+ years of leadership and people management experience.
- Storytelling prowess–you understand how to connect with the consumer in a way that gets them to take action.
- Copy, creative, and digital marketing expertise in building content to support product launches, brand awareness, customer acquisition, demand generation, events, etc.
- An understanding of how to use data and insights to influence content while ensuring consistency across brands.
- A roster of experienced writers and voices for our brands.
- A deep understanding and experience in producing content for social platforms.
- Track record of partnering with stakeholders to transform customer needs and business goals into actionable plans with appropriate resourcing.
- Motivated self-starter who takes initiative and thrives in a fast-moving, results-driven environment.
- Willingness to jump in, as needed, to execute against time sensitive projects and to help teach the team to fish while leading by example.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in related field or equivalent professional experience.
- An outstanding portfolio that showcases your expertise and fit for this role.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.