AI-driven women's health platform. Chosen by 143M women worldwide. Take full control of your health with Flo. #flo #period #tracker
We are looking for a product person with a keen interest in design, or a very product minded designer who can lead a team, who has helped to set up and form teams, and with previous experience creating design documentation.
You’ll dig in and deeply understand our community of creators – designers, developers, writers and researchers – to understand their needs and ways of working. Your work will be pivotal in defining improving processes, documentation and collaboration in order to help Flo to create cohesive and consistent experiences for all our digital platforms.
The Design Operations Manager will be responsible for leading a team composed of UI Designer(s), Content Design and Front End Developers. Your work will also include facilitating workshops in order to connect different teams across Flo.
You will also be responsible for planning and executing improvements in how content and localisation is handled by the design system.
The team will be responsible for creating and maintaining a design system with well defined and documented code components, all Figma documentation, decentralised contribution processes and support for accessibility.
What you’ll do:
- Be the lead for the Flo Design System – a product that serves all parts of our app and website
- Working closely with designers, developers and writers to create guidelines, processes and methods that enable our business to create consistent and cohesive experiences.
- Decisively resolve priorities, timing, risks, task importance, and possible breaking changes.
- Clarify scope to balance delivering minimum useful functionality with properly scalable system design
- Develop and measure the adoption of our design system and component libraries, supporting our teams and creating a strong community of collaborators
- Report team and system progress regularly to CDO and CPO.
- Regularly present updates on the system’s mission, library, process and progress to other groups, including product managers, content specialists, QA, and other design and development teams in Flo, being an evangelist for the importance of the design system and the beneficial impact it can have across the business
- Working directly with the Chief Design Officer to shape governance, metrics and quality assurance methods
- Work closely with our VPs of Product, advocating the progressive adoption of the design system across the company
- Prioritise your backlog with inputs from key stakeholders; continuously evaluating impact versus effort tradeoffs.
- Deliver system releases at a predictable cadence.
- Manage the backlog and roadmap of library features.
- Facilitate regular team scrum and sprint planning sessions.
- Identify, prioritise, and monitor task progress of design, development, and documentation across team members.
- Schedule regular meetings for critique, scrum, planning, and reviews
- Leverage experimentation approaches based on hypotheses. Lead rollout of successful features and continue to optimize them post-launch.
- Measure, track, and analyse effectiveness and performance of features launched. You can quickly grasp numbers and identify discrepancies.
- Pull data and synthesise insights from a variety of qualitative and quantitative sources.
- Continuously observe and help refine your team’s working practises to maximise team performance and focus
- Line manage designers
- Identify and nurture team growth and culture
- Comfortable presenting to large groups and debating with senior stakeholders
- Experience defining and delivering clear and efficient design documentation
- Strong analytical skills
- The ability to clearly communicate requirements at different levels
- Strong design skills or relevant experience across UI, UX, content and Front-End.
- The ability to clearly identify, articulate and prioritise the strategic and tactical value of your vision and roadmap
- A tenacious ability to get things done, and work effectively across multiple streams
- Comfortable working in an agile environment
- Integrity & trust
- Managing & planning systems
- High quality standards
- Supportive and open minded
- 5 – 10+ years experience in one or more of: product management of web-based sites and/or applications, information architecture, interaction design, front end development, or business analysis.
- 3 – 5+ years managing design and/or front-end development team(s).