This role will be based in the US (East Coast preferred)
Life at Elvie – Meaningful work. Exceptional people
We develop smarter technology for women and are committed to building extraordinary products that improve women’s lives. It’s a fascinating and challenging area to be addressing as it requires all our employees to stretch themselves and solve problems that no-one’s tackled before. That’s why we are looking for skilled, curious individuals who want to grow by surrounding themselves with a diverse array of outstanding people.
Our first product, Elvie Trainer, is an award-winning app-connected trainer that helps women strengthen the pelvic floor via fun, five-minute workouts. It took the wellness industry by storm. Our street cred includes more than 12 awards for innovation and design, including the prestigious Red Dot Award and an IDA Design Award.
Our second innovation: Elvie Pump, the world’s first silent wearable breast pump, is making it possible for new mothers to pump anytime, anywhere. Elvie Pump has received international praise, including being listed as one of Times 100 best inventions in 2019 and ‘wearable design of the design of the year’ at the Dezeen Awards.
Our 3rd & 4th innovation: Elvie Catch and Elvie Curve launched on 7th October 2020. Elvie Curve uses natural suction to gently express milk during let-down while feeding or pumping from the other breast. It is small, compact, and securely worn in-bra. Elvie Catch, “Stops your leaks, not your day” is a set of two breast milk collection cups with slip-proof silicone skirts designed for total comfort and confidence. Discreet and fuss-free.
Elvie has received more than 30 awards, including being named one of 15 startups “To Watch” by The Sunday Times and ranked as the 6th fastest growing business in the UK by SyndicateRoom in 2019. Tania Boler has recently been rated as the 8th most influential person shaping British technology in 2019 by Business Insider and both products have been featured in the Oscar Nominee Gift Bags. In April 2019, Elvie announced a $42 million Series B, the largest ever fundraise in Femtech.
What does it mean to work at Elvie?
We work collaboratively at the forefront of the growing Femtech industry with our innovative tech-focused products. You are surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them, and are passionate about our mission. We’re driven by the fulfilment of solving hard problems are constantly considering our users and the positive impact we can have on their health and wellbeing.
We’re deeply proud of our values, which are intrinsic to the way we behave every day. We take them seriously because we want our culture to thrive.
- We make an impact – we are mission driven and not afraid to break boundaries. We relentlessly focus on going the extra mile to solve problems
- We are fearless innovators – we are passionate, curious and data-driven. We continuously embrace change and innovation
- We are in it together – we fail and learn fast, always as one team, and have fun along the way. We stay authentic and embrace our differences
Who you are
- You are keen to progress your career as a supply chain professional, working for a dynamic company with ambitious plans for growth
- You are an accomplished demand planner, with experience of managing the end to end demand planning process for consumer products in the USA across a number of different channels
- You have experience of CPFR (Collaborative Planning, Forecasting and Replenishment) with a major retail customer, with in-depth knowledge of the internal supply chain mechanics covering inventory, replenishment and demand planning.
- You’ve worked collaboratively in an International Organisation with multiple commercial, operational and finance colleagues to generate your own forecast, built from commercial input, statistical overlay and your own category insight and expertise
- You’ve worked in an environment that is fast paced with challenging but achievable targets and an accelerated introduction of new products into new markets
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll be reporting into the Global S&OP Manager and be part of a wider operational team encompassing logistics, fulfilment and procurement
- Your responsibility will include the creation, publication and measuring of a demand forecast for all Elvie products in all channels for the US market ( Business to Business, Direct to Consumer and Etail)
- You will also engage strategic retailers to develop a legitimate joint supply chain partnership, maximising DC and store availability and optimising the end to end demand stream
- You will become an expert in customer processes and systems, providing Elvie with valuable insight and advance notification of demand changes.
- The ownership timeline of your forecast is from “cradle to grave” – from budgeting 2 years in advance to monitoring sales versus forecast and everything in between
- You’ll proactively engage with the sales team to gain commercial intelligence and share your insight to ultimately arrive at an agreed forecast.
- You’ll be using designated tools that create a statistical forecast for you to augment and finesse
- Your role will facilitate successful new product introductions and expansion of existing products into new channels and customers, as well as fine tuning products that may be cannibalised as a result
- You’ll be constantly monitoring your forecast and measuring its accuracy against defined targets, constantly striving to learn and improve.
- We’re looking for a person with an analytical bias, comfortable interrogating and manipulating large data sets to convert into meaningful analysis and derive trends
- We are also looking for somebody who can influence and is confident at sharing information and building an internal network of important stakeholders
- Another important trait is to be constantly inquisitive, relentlessly focussing on gleaning more insight into the category, consumers and customers as well as researching and seeking support from Elvie colleagues
- We’re in the process of developing processes and systems so we need somebody who is flexible and adaptable and willing to help us develop quickly to support rapid planned growth
- You thrive in an entrepreneurial workspace, being highly self motivated and willing to immerse yourself in all things Elvie to develop your capability
- Experience of supply planning would be beneficial but not essential as this role works very closely with supply planning and some cross cover is envisaged
- Experience within the USA of direct to consumer, retailers and etailers is preferred, especially working with major etailers and retailers
- The ability to build scenarios would be beneficial, as the business looks for clear fact based decision making to establish new products and routes to market
- Elvie operates across multiple geographies; we are looking for somebody who would be confident working remotely, is self motivated and comfortable with autonomy and matrix reporting lines.
We are looking after you. As well as amazing colleagues and engaging work, our US benefits have flexibility and wellbeing in mind with:
- The chance to make a real impact in improving women’s health and lives
- Working with an experienced, dedicated and passionate team that share the same values and love what they do
- Career progression and regular performance reviews
- Competitive base salary, bonus linked with performance and share options in a rapidly growing business
- Flexible working environment – our culture is built on trust and autonomy
- 20 days vacation + 5 days sick leave (front loaded from start date) & 13 holidays
- Medical, dental and vision plan
- Life Insurance / EAP / Travel Assistance
- Short & Long term disability insurance
- Commuter programs
- Travel assistance with Guardian Globe
- LiveHealth online & One Medical
- Gym membership reimbursement (subject to eligibility)
- Perks and various discounts
At Elvie, we believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don’t discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. We are a family-friendly employer with a culture based on trust, autonomy and flexibility, and are working on making our offices wheelchair friendly and breastfeeding friendly. We do our best to accommodate part-time requests and flexible requests as much as possible. We are also a member of UK Tech Talent Charter and proudly working in partnership with myGwork and Women’s tech hub.