We help families that work, work. We are the family benefits platform that picks up where the healthcare systems leaves off.
As a Data Engineer at Cleo, you will lead and define our organization’s approach and practices to managing our data, data discovery, and machine learning practice. You will play a critical role in advancing how we impact our members, personalize their experience as well as measure the outcomes of our impact. Cleo leverages our platform and provides the most impactful support at the right time to our new parents to support them in their journey of growing a family; and has an amazing opportunity to enhance it with the power of data and machine learning which this role would lead. If you believe you can make an impact on our mission, we want you!
This role reports to the Engineering Manager. You must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
- Build, maintain, and scale our ETL/data pipelines, warehouse analytics infrastructure, and work hands-on, helping building workflows/tools and best practices where applicable
- Design and build pipelines that collect, preprocess, and deliver data to be used for business intelligence and data discovery
- Apply broad knowledge of technology options, technology platforms, design techniques, and approaches across the data warehouse life cycle phases to design an integrated, quality solution to address the business requirements
- Work closely with the data analysts to help build and identify the insights that will guide day-to-day operations, planning, and strategic decision-making
- Write production-ready software with fast and efficient algorithms
- Collaborate with Product, Business, and Data Analyst/Science team members to prioritize and develop pragmatic solutions to high impact problems
To be successful in this role you may have:
- 3+ years of experience in data engineering
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures, and data sets
- Hands-on experience with building out full end to end data architecture including ETL/data pipelines, data lake, and data warehouse in AWS
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Advanced working PostgresSQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Skill at partnering cross-functionally across organization
- An eagerness to work in an ever-changing, fast-paced startup environment
- Experience with production deployed machine learning solutions is a plus
- Experience with NLP solutions is a plus
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.