We’re real people striving to make your The Pill Club experience awesome
About Pill Club
Pill Club is reinventing the way women access healthcare and essential medicine. Starting with birth control, we bring to life a patient experience that is personal, convenient, affordable, and delightful. We offer everything she needs in one place, available anywhere – healthcare through telemedicine, payment using your credit card or your insurance, and prescriptions by mail.
Our mission is to be a trusted healthcare partner for women, empowering them through access, choice, and education.
Launched in 2016, the Pill Club is a leader in the technology-enabled virtual care and pharmacy space, serving hundreds of thousands of patients across the US. We are a growth stage company that has raised over $60M from leading VC and PE investors.
Pill Club is seeking an exceptionally talented Creative Director to oversee & grow our in-house creative department. Reporting to the Head of Brand, this role will own the creative vision and strategy to grow Pill Club’s customer base while at the same time building the most distinctive and engaging brand in our category. You will manage Pill Club’s creative team and be responsible for ensuring that the environment, culture, team, processes and work support the strategic goals of the Pill Club business. You will be responsible for building and scaling our creative operations, testing continuously, and using data to inform creative choices and prioritize initiatives.
Success in this role requires an excellent creative vision, bias for action, collaboration, calculated risk-taking, and the willingness to go above and beyond to help deliver business results. Applicants must have demonstrated deep expertise managing and motivating a team of creatives to develop breakthrough marketing campaigns across a broad range of mediums with a test, learn, and iterate mindset.
Ideal Candidate: While your craft is in copywriting, you have a holistic perspective on creative, from copy to visual design, with experience leading cross-disciplinary teams. You have held the role of acting Creative Director in either an agency or consumer brand company for at least 3 to 5 years, and have a proven ability to balance the need for results with the need for creative that captivates and delights a consumer brand target audience.
- Lead, inspire, and develop the creative team (including visual and web design, creative writing, and videography), continually honing their craft and achieving a high bar of excellence across initiatives and mediums
- Manage the workflow and production timelines of all creative marketing assets
- Drive continual improvement in our creative quality, thinking and capabilities.
- Manage budget, hiring and management of external vendors and freelancers
- Partner closely with Product to develop and maintain brand guidelines, ensuring consistency across every department and customer touchpoint
- Work closely with Operations and Product to continually test and optimize our customer acquisition funnel
- Inspire innovation and big creative ideas throughout the company: everything from spearheading a campaign to step-changing how we acquire new members through digital performance marketing channels or offline programs/channels.
- Uncover insights through performance data and use the insights to inform creative development for maximum relevance and impact
- 10+ years of experience in a creative/design role
- 8+ years of experience designing and concepting for performance and brand marketing
- 5+ years of experience mentoring and managing a team
- Experience working across a broad range of digital channels
- Ability to leverage performance data to inform design choices
- Visual storytelling and communication skills. Specifically, the ability to articulate creative and strategic approach with experiencing in pitching advertising ideas
- Ability to communicate conceptual and design choices and the thought process behind them
If you fit most of these requirements and love the idea of working to improve women’s health, please apply with a resume. We can’t wait to hear from you!
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.