Ro is the healthcare technology company building a patient-centric healthcare system. Ro’s vertically integrated primary care platform powers a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. With a nationwide provider network, in-home care API, and proprietary pharmacy distribution centers, Ro seamlessly connects telehealth, diagnostics, and pharmacy services to provide high-quality, affordable healthcare without the need for insurance. Since 2017, Ro has facilitated more than six million digital healthcare visits in nearly every county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts. Visit Ro.co for more information.
Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, listed by Inc. Magazine as the Best Place to Work in 2020, and earned its Great Place to Work Certification in 2020.
As Clinical Education Specialist, you’ll work as part of the Medical Content Team, producing high-quality material to support new condition launches. Your focus will be on creating written and presented educational content for Ro members, Ro-affiliated providers, and employees. You’ll also help ensure materials are medically accurate, serving as one-half of Ro’s medical review process of public-facing materials.
Who are you? That’s a great question. You love all aspects of medical content. You’re a skilled communicator and have a passion for educating others about medical topics. You also have experience reviewing materials for medical accuracy and can easily identify opportunities for improvement. You excel at working with others, providing feedback, and optimizing content. You take a detailed approach to your work and understand the importance of making sure information is always complete, accurate, and non-misleading.
If this sounds familiar, we’d love to hear from you and strongly encourage you to include a cover letter with your application (yes, we read them)!
What You’ll Do:
- Educating: Create educational materials for new condition launches. Write FAQs for landing pages, create printed materials for members, identify opportunities for rich media and educational content in treatment plans, and give presentations to Ro employees and Ro-affiliated providers to teach about upcoming offerings.
- Reviewing: Help foster a close partnership between the Clinical, Legal, Marketing, and Growth Teams at Ro. The Clinical Education Specialist is one of the first lines of defense in reviewing a wide variety of content through Ro’s uniquely collaborative medical/legal review process. This includes reviewing Facebook and Google ads, website pages, national TV spots, podcast reads, emails, out-of-home billboards, and more.
- Collaborating: Act as the Clinical Team’s representative at Medical/Legal Office Hours, during which time Ro employees drop by and ask for medical input/guidance on projects.
- Updating: Systematically review older content on Ro’s websites to update relevant facts and figures.
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- MD/DO or equivalent required
- Residency and/or clinical experience preferred
- At least 2 years of experience writing about medical topics for patients. This role is not appropriate for people who only have experience with non-medical writing, regulatory writing, writing for peer-reviewed journals, brochure writing, or creating slide decks
- Experience reviewing a wide variety of media for medical accuracy
- Experience navigating PubMed and familiarity with healthcare provider resources such as UpToDate
- Experience with other forms of medical content, such as CME, video content, social, and podcasting a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally with non-medical professionals
- Flexible and empathetic problem-solving skills
- Ability and desire to work in a very fast-paced environment
- Adept at learning new technology
Benefits + Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Unlimited PTO
- Fitness reimbursement
- Paid maternity/parental leave
To apply for this job please visit ro.co.