Tia is a full-stack women’s healthcare business that builds products, tools and services to help every woman be her own patient advocate and get meaningfully better healthcare. Our latest product is the Tia Clinic — a “one-stop-shop” for female health with gynecology, primary care and wellness under one roof, and one health record. We’re putting the soul back in medicine, one patient and one provider at a time.
As a mission driven team, we’ve rallied so that patients & providers might be able to experience healthcare with greater satisfaction, less frustration & improved outcomes, which means not just upending operational models, care models and technology, but entirely redefining the emotional journey of each team member as we experience this journey together.
Read more about Tia’s:
- Products: https://asktia.com/app/
- Tools: http://vaginabenefits.com/
- Services: https://asktia.com/
- Care principles: https://www.asktia.com/principles/
About the role:
We’re looking for a Part-Time (10-29 hours/week) Acupuncturist passionate about women’s health and the integration of Eastern and Western Medicine for Tia’s New York City based clinical team. As a Tia Women’s Health acupuncturist you’ll be a key component of our wellness services. You will weave the Chinese medicine perspective into our educational offerings, collaborate with allopathic providers and deliver acupuncture services.
A bit about you:
Values and abilities you’ll bring to Tia:
- You’re motivated to elevate women’s care by bringing a collaborative and integrative approach to women’s health.
- You believe that each woman knows her body best, though she may need help interpreting what the signs mean. Your mission as a practitioner is to help your clients understand those signs and develop robust, multi-faceted treatment plans to reach health goals, partnering with allopathic medical practitioners to achieve optimum health for all of your clients. You practice this by being a true partner on a patient’s health journey, never dogmatic, rigid or glued to institutions.
- You have a Deep understanding of women’s health “medical” diagnoses and translate those into traditional Chinese Medicine and integrative medicine thinking
- You’re facile with technology and interested in using this technology to support high quality clinical care.
- Your are skilled at counseling patients on usage of herbs, supplements, meditation / mindfulness other appropriate lifestyle modifications
- You have the ability to maintain composure and calm while balancing load of up to 3 patients per hour and are adaptable in an ever changing start-up environment
- You are a tolerant and inclusive thinker. You believe in sex-positive, no judgement and radically inclusive healthcare for every person, and espouse these values in your everyday life.
Skills and assets you’ll bring to Tia:
- You’re a Licensed Acupuncturist in the state of New York, with an unrestricted license
- Training and experience in Traditional Chinese Medicine and all that falls under the TCM scope; acupuncture, herbology, cupping, moxibustion
- Working knowledge and understanding of herbal medicine, supplements and meditation practices to advance patient coaching, preferred
- Understand contraindications and/or pharmaceutical combinations to ensure safe compliance with herbal medicines and supplements, preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of complex female hormone milieu, preferred
- You understand and deliver on the documentation requirements of billing insurance
- You’re willing to work evenings + weekends as needed by schedule
- You’re authorized to work in the US
Other “nice to have” skills and assets:
- As an organization that seeks to create an environment for all women to feel safe, heard, recognized and avowed in their health, bodies and lives, we are consistently seeking practitioners with backgrounds that are meaningfully different from those already forming our team. You bring a diverse background, a range of care experiences in different communities or various modalities.
- Formal professional training or experience in the following areas is highly valued: care delivery for women who have experienced trauma including having a lived experience of abuse, decision making support for low-income women, care delivery for LGBTQ identified folks, care delivery for immigrant or migrant or english-as-a-second-language support populations.
- A strong understanding of & interest in chronic stress and trauma as it relates to immune system compromise and inflammatory response systems is a plus.
- Experience weaving integrative medicine and Traditional Chinese Medicine into traditional allopathic medicine practices and experience working in collaborative settings is ideal.
- Talented and collaborative team who will both support and challenge you.
- Market competitive salary plus performance-based bonuses.
- Annual CME stipend